Chia seeds are prized for their ability to provide sustainable energy and have been a food staple in both the Mayan and Aztec cultures, along with native tribes of North America. In fact, chia is the ancient Mayan word for strength.
Contains the omega-3 fat ALA, or “alpha-linolenic acid.” ALA has been shown to support heart health; in fact, studies have illustrated improved cardiovascular health among those with a high intake of ALA- containing foods, like Mila.Mila also helps meet the fiber needs of your family. The fiber found in Mila is predominantly insoluble fiber, a form of fiber that aids in the relief of occasional constipation.
- Is a whole, raw super food and a natural source of omega-3s, antioxidants, and phytonutrients.
- Is a blend of different crops of chia seed to help maximize nutrient density.
- Contains 3 grams of protein.
- Contains other important nutrients such as calcium.
- Is a good source of magnesium and phosphorous — both important nutrients for bone health.*
- Contains 3 grams of ALA (alpha-linolenic acid) omega-3 fatty acid. Omega-3 fatty acids play a crucial role in normal growth and development and brain function.*
- May be a great vegetarian substitute for fish oil.
- According to the USDA, chia seeds contain a significantly higher percentage of fiber than corn, rice, oats, wheat, or barley. Fiber helps promote satiety and relief from occasional constipation.*
- Mila can supplement your diet with plant-based fiber and protein.
- Can be consumed on its own or incorporated into your favorite dishes, yogurt, and smoothies. Mila® can replace eggs or up to ¼ cup of oil in recipes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Mila to your favorite beverages, yogurt, salads, cereals, smoothies, and recipes.
- Children: Start with 1 tablespoon one time per day
Did you know that chia seeds can absorb up to 10 times their weight? This makes them great as thickeners in sauces, puddings, dips, and spreads. You can replace ¼ of the oil or 1 egg in your recipes. Simply add 1 tablespoon Mila to 3 tablespoons water and allow to sit for 15 minutes before using. As a versatile ingredient with a mild flavor, Mila can be incorporated into your favorite recipes. Click Here for our Cooking with Mila guide, as well as additional recipes.